Hawker College Senior Leadership Group
Lindy Hou is a genuine hero and inspiration. Lindy was the keynote speaker for Hawker College’s ‘TEDDY Talks’, setting the tone for a successful event. Engaging an audience of college students and members of the wider community, Lindy’s presentation was funny, insightful and motivational. Highlights included Lindy’s re-creation of the moment she won gold at the Athens Paralympics and encouraging audience members to shake their neighbour’s hand with their eyes closed.
At the end of a 45-minute presentation, Lindy welcomed questions from the floor, which included a beautiful discourse with Ngunnawal woman Aunty Violet, where she invited Lindy to share her motivational speech at an event for Indigenous youth. The beauty of Lindy’s presentation is that it addresses and engages all people irrespective of age or life experience. Absolutely would have Lindy speak again. Thank you!
Ineka on behalf of the Hawker College Senior Leadership Group, 2016
Thank you so much for your time and presentation last Friday. Student and staff feedback was overwhelmingly positive. They loved seeing your medals and sharing in your story of grit and perseverance. It was a great alignment to help our students understand different perspectives and to our social and emotional focus this semester about courage and saying “I can”.
Laurie Campbell, Principal, Kaleen Primary, 2016
Thank you so much for visiting 2SL on Friday. I think that I was just as excited as the students to meet you and to hear your story. We will definitely be following up your visit with an activity about students working out what their dream is so that they can work towards achieving it. It was a great privilege to meet a Paralympic champion.
Laurie Imhoff, Ngunnawal Primary, 2016
Telopea Park School
Lindy received over 40 comments from around 200 students. Here is a selection of comments from the Year 9 and Year 10 girls:
- Lindy was an amazing presenter and I loved listening to her. I’d even listen to her all over again!
- The presentation was very inspirational that it made my faith in my dream strong and gave me courage to do it – and I am going to do it!!
- Lindy Hou’s presentation was amazing! It has inspired me to try and achieve my dreams!
- I think Lindy Hou was very inspirational. I was having troubles putting my priorities straight between school and my dream, but now I know which way to go and that was due to her speech.
- I was amazed by your courage and your hard work. You inspired me to follow my dreams as before I thought they were impossible.
- Lindy taught us through her own story that achieving one’s goals is always worthwhile, regardless of how difficult it may be to accomplish them. We learnt to always have a dream or a goal to work towards in life and to never give up until they all come true.
- A wonderful presentation with an inspiring story, a comfortable presenter and a beautiful message. Lindy Hou’s motivational speech was seriously worthwhile. Thank you.
- Lindy Hou was extraordinarily awe inspiring. She made me believe I have the ability to do whatever I set my heart on and that, no matter my circumstances, I’m important and that I have the power to do what I want and love.
- Lindy Hou is a dynamic and incredibly inspirational woman. It was a great privilege to hear her story of hardship, and to learn from her example of hard work and perseverance in the face of adversity. Her gold medal is a testament to her insurmountable strength.
Telopea Park High School Year 9 and Year 10 girls, 2015
‘Schoolgirls breakfast with the stars’ event
Lindy has been a panellist for the Womensport & Recreation NSW ‘Schoolgirls breakfast with the stars’ event for a number of years.
“Lindy Hou has been an inspiration as a panellist and as a guest speaker at our metropolitan and regional ‘Schoolgirls Breakfast with the Stars’. Lindy as a role model and with her sporting achievements has impressed and motivated schoolgirls to continue their involvement in sport and physical activities.”
Helen Lowe, Womensport & Recreation NSW, 2009